Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bye bye DINOSAUR... Hello MEDUSA

Over 2 years and close to 30,000km of riding which includes a few long distance trips and frequent Awana/Genting trip as per vid below (mind you each trip to genting is about 200km for me) I finally decided to let go of my DINOSAUR

One of the ride going down Genting

It was a hard decision but I had to do it because I needed a more comfortable bike for long distance riding. Something that was more upright and can take a lot of luggage. 

I looked through a couple of options. Something that suited my need, wasn't too heavy and most of all was according to my budget at that time. Finally, I found 'her'. A Ducati Multistrada 1000DS.


I have never owned a Ducati before and didn't know what to expect. However, at that time, the bike suited my budget and I can handle it because it was the lightest as compared to others in its category.

These are some photos during the early stage of ownership. I didn't do much modification except installing a pair of SW-Motech panniers. Notice the stock windscreen





The next modification I did was installing handguards. For this, I bought a used KTM handguards and it looked right on the bike


I found out that the stock windscreen was not sufficient for highway travelling as I feel and hear a lot of wind noise through my helmet. So, out with the old and in with the new.... Oh wait! Where to find a windscreen? No problem. I still have my old touring windscreen from my DINOSAUR...so I modified it to suit the Multistrada and it looks great!


Now that I am all set for touring, I need a name for the new bike. It needed to be bad-ass because my previous bike was a dinosaur. It need to have a connection with Ducati Multistrada and MOST IMPORTANTLY, it had to be a girl/female name. After long and hard thought, I figured nothing is more bad-ass than..... MEDUSA! Yeap, the Titan that changed men to stone herself. Its a Female name, Its bad-ass and it starts with 'M' which is the same as Multistrada.

Here's a video I made for this bike. Check it out!


Tick tock tick tock....how time flies. Before you know it, it has been a little over a year since I owned Medusa. During that time, I covered over 20,000 km of which 95% are cross-border mileage. I will tell you some of the Epic Road Trip I did with Medusa so stay tune.

In the meantime, I added a few more things to the bike such as CRASH PROTECTORS, FOG LIGHTS, TOP BOX AND BRACKET, GEL SEAT, A CUSTOM MADE BASH PLATE and CENTER STAND. I also slapped on a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3 which are brilliant in the rain!





Stay tune for more stories on Me & MEDUSA. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment