Monday, July 1, 2013

Mark I vs Mark II

Alright, here is my first post after the revival...

I would like to highlight that this blog will no longer be just about a one-legged guy riding a bike, but more on my disability and what I do along the way. I hope that this can somehow benefit anyone out there who is experiencing or undergoing the same situation.

Ok, I will now talk about MY LEG.

Well, you all know about my accident and how it happened. In case you don't, you can watch it here:

>>> My "Accident Explained" video <<<

MARK I
So I got my very first leg about six (6) months after the accident. At that particular time I didn't have a name for it. It was one of the lightest leg at that time from a company called ENDOLITE (for the love of me I can't remember what model I am using)

>>> More about ENDOLITE here <<<

I started naming the leg Mark I after I saw Iron Man and loved the movie so much
The similarities between me and Tony Stark :P

A picture of Mark I and my ice skates

Eventhough Mark I was the lightest in its time, I am still limited in terms of physical activities as the leg still feels heavy. Therefore, I didn't to much except for normal walking in it.

MARK II

In 2011, I received my second leg, which automatically was called Mark II. It had a different fitting system compared to Mark I and is a lot lighter. It's from a company called FREEDOM INNOVATIONS.

>>> More about FREEDOM INNOVATIONS here <<<

Me and Mark II chillaxing by the beach

Because Mark II is a lot lighter, I was able to do more physical activities with it. Hence I ventured into cycling, running and many more things that I was unable to do before.

Doing some wall climbing

Entering a cycling Jamboree

Finishing a 10km marathon

I am still learning and trying to get used to Mark II. I will try to push myself and see what else I can do with this leg! :)

So there you go, a little history about me and my legs. I used the Mark I when I am riding my motorcycle because it is much more comfortable but anything physical, I got Mark II ready for the job! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment