Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Age of the DINOSAUR

Time for another FLASHBACK!!!

However, this time it's not about an epic ride but about one of my favourite bike of all time. My DINOSAUR...the Cagiva Raptor 1000.

I've been wanting the Cagiva Raptor 1000 for a long time. It is the perfect combination of Italian Handling bike and Reliable Japanese Engine. It shares a somewhat similar platform to the MV Agusta Brutale 750 but it houses a Suzuki 1000cc Vtwin taken off the TL1000 but managed by Cagiva's own engine management.

>>> You can read MCN's review of the Raptor 1000 here <<<

There were limited numbers of Raptor 1000 here in Malaysia, about 5 to be exact (then Mofaz added two more carbon fiber edition) so waiting for an owner to sell is something you have to be patient. During that time, I have been using my ER6 for about six months when I saw one Cagiva Raptor up for sale. After a VERY SHORT negotiation with the owner, I took her home!


First time riding the DINOSAUR to Awana

Here's the video of the ride to Awana

I loved the DINOSAUR so much. I did a couple of modification to it such as changed the exhaust from an Akrapovic twin exhaust to an Akrapovic single exhaust, side mirrors, new windscreen and a couple of cosmetic modification. The most important is the installation of my ELECTRIC GEAR SHIFTER but I will explain this in another posting.




Some beauty shots of the DINOSAUR

DINOSAUR with a German

DINOSAUR with an Austrian

DINOSAUR with a Brit

DINOSAUR with a fellow Italian


Here's another video of me riding the DINOSAUR before the Electric Shifter


Trackdays with the DINOSAUR (noticed the two different exhaust)

DINOSAUR in Genting

The DINOSAUR was in my possession for slightly over two (2) years and it was the bike that I had clocked the most mileage (before my Multistrada), the bike I took to the office and the bike I do trackdays and wedding rides. I loved the DINOSAUR so much but in the end, we have to part ways to allow my MEDUSA to arrive :)

DINOSAUR is now with her new owner :(

No comments:

Post a Comment