Saturday, August 17, 2013

First ride after Ramadhan


I haven't been riding for a little over a month now. Normally, I don't ride during Ramadhan. So after Medusa's long holiday, its time to take her for a spin.

I called up a few friends and we agreed to go for a breakfast ride to our normal Nasi Lemak place at Olak Lempit. I arrived at the RV point at around 7:35am. I was the first one there. As the organizer, I've to be the first one there and respect other people's time. :)

It was raining since early in the morning so the road was wet. In fact, when I left the house, it was still drizzling.....but hey, what's the point of buying the 'all-weather' riding gear if you don't use them right? 


My old friend whom I've known for the past six (6) years, Drifter, was the second to arrive. I haven't ridden with him for years now and it was good to have him together in this ride.


At around 7:50am, almost everyone was there. We waited for another two to arrive. It was a mixture of riders as some of them joined for the first time. 



It was still raining and at around 8:30am, we decided to ride to the second RV point. Two of my friends were waiting for us there, one of them is my mentor, RJ Rider who now rides a Harley Davidson Road Glide. 


Everyone admiring the Road Glide

We then made our way to the Nasi Lemak place but unfortunately, it was closed. My second alternative was also closed. I guess people were still in their Hari Raya Mood.

Luckily we found this nice, small place for breakfast. The food they serve was nice too. I didn't manage to snap any food photos as we were too hungry. :P



It was a nice session as we were able to trade stories. After everyone was full, it was time to go back home. Thank you everyone for joining. We shall do this again! :)



2 comments:

  1. Salam ...till the next ride bro ....meanwhile keep rolling

    Rgds,
    Drifter

    ReplyDelete